Groundwater and Environmental Software Training
Over the past 20 years, our Training Services Division has been offering a range of educational courses for all levels of expertise. Our courses are designed to bring clarity to technical topics, and enhance the quality and reliability of your projects. All our courses include hands-on learning using the world’s most sophisticated groundwater and environmental software programs available. This approach gives our participants practical insight into a variety of environmental issues, and teaches cost-effective techniques for achieving project objectives.
Who Can Benefit?
- Experienced hydrogeologists with no prior groundwater modeling or analysis experience
- Regulators who review modeling reports and manage water resource investigation and contaminated site remediation projects
- Project managers who want to understand what the modelers are doing
- Experienced modelers who want to enhance their environmental software skills
- Students who want to acquire new environmental software skills
- Managers and field personnel needing to utilize data management to keep track of their data
- Lawyers who want to understand some of the technical issues in hydrogeologic analysis
- Industry professionals who want to understand more about what their consultants are telling them
Why Waterloo Hydrogeologic Training Services?
Our professional training courses focus on the use and application of industry recognized software used by regulatory agencies, educational institutions, industries and consulting firms from around the world. Our professional trainers are experts in the use of the software for practical hydrogeologic analysis and modeling. As a company that integrates software development, consulting, and training, we can offer the latest modeling technology and analysis techniques. When you register for a Waterloo Hydrogeologic training course, you are guaranteed to be using the latest advancements in computing technology taught by expert environmental professionals.
Our Courses Include:
- Ample opportunity for hands-on exercises using course software on computer (informative, leading edge lectures presenting theory and application of the software)
- A complete set of hardcopy course notes including slides and laboratory exercises
- A DVD of trial software and supporting files for redoing the course exercises at your office
- Knowledgeable and experienced course instructors skilled at communicating ideas and concepts
- Opportunity to work at your own pace and have your personal questions answered
- A period of time reserved for receiving professional advice on personal projects
- Maximum student-to-instructor ratio of 15:1
- Certification of completion
Waterloo Hydrogeologic groundwater and environmental software training courses are accredited by the Botswana Qualifications Authority.
Waterloo Hydrogeologic CEU's
Waterloo Hydrogeologic offers Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward the successful participation and completion of one of our professional training courses. All of our courses are developed to ensure the participants are exposed and challenged through various hands-on lab exercises and exposure to theoretical concepts. We pride ourselves in offering a comprehensive learning experience and provide attendees with a Certification of Completion which includes CEUs (number of CEU's awarded varies by course).
Frequently Asked Questions
What training courses are currently offered by Waterloo Hydrogeologic?
What languages are your groundwater training courses offered in?
When should I book travel arrangements for an open enrolment course?
Our open enrolment groundwater training courses are typically confirmed two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date. Please refrain from booking non-refundable travel arrangements until the course has been confirmed.
What do I need to bring to your courses?
When specified, a laptop computer may be required to complete the course exercises. This laptop computer must have the specified system requirements for the software used in the course. If not specified, all course material and equipment will be provided.
What is included in the price of a course?
The price includes a complete set of copyrighted course notes including the lecture and exercise materials, exercise files - so that the exercises may be redone in your office - and a trial version of the software that is fully functioning for 30-days.
Refreshments in the morning and afternoon are also provided. Lunch is provided when specified.
Can you accommodate for participants with disabilities?
What do I receive at the end of the course?
At the end of the course, you will receive an official certificate of completion which states the course name, date, location and attendee name, and signed by the course instructor.
What is your course withdrawal policy?